This year we launch the series with a night time Christmas Food Producers evening in the Milk Market which will run in partnership with the Limerick Food Group, a voluntary collection of Limerick people passionate about promoting Limerick Food Produce. The Christmas Market Lights will also be switched from 5pm the 15th December by Mayor Kieran O’Hanlon with a host of festive fun and free entry for all the family to enjoy! Christmas Hampers will be available over the full Ten days from selected Traders.
Friday 16th December will feature a Christmas Transition Year Enterprise Market in partnership with Local Enterprise Office (LEO) Limerick and an amazing local company WizzKids.ie 10am to 3pm with up to a dozen local schools showcasing the latest in Student innovation projects with prizes for the best product/project team. Also featuring a Primary School Choir from our local St Michaels and many local Craft/Food vendors.
There are three generously sponsored prizes for this event Best Innovation Sponsored by MAST Ireland, Best Student Business Team and Best Student Display with the latter two prizes sponsored by Permanent TSB Limerick. “The students have been participating in the Student Enterprise Programme, which is a national initiative delivered by the LEO Limerick aimed at fostering an entrepreneurial culture among our young people. The Student Christmas Fair will give the students a great opportunity to get in front of real customers and will give the public a chance to bag a bargain!” Heather Supple of LEO Limerick.
Public Notice from Food Business Operator
ON THE WILD SIDE
“ON THE WILD SIDE is recalling batch number 18 Chicken-Liver Pâté ; pack sizes 100g – 140g Chicken-Liver Pâté sold 7th May 2016 at the Milk Market pitch number 12 that subsequently tested positive for listeria. This affected batch will have higher risk factors in consumption by Pregnant Women and Elderly People. If you purchased any of batch number 18, Chicken-Liver Pâté from On The Wild Side the 7th May please return to the Food Business Operator ON THE WILD SIDE pitch number 12 at the Milk Market Saturday 14th May 2016 “
– Ends –
This Friday 15 April Join us at Limerick Milk Market for the Opening party for EVA International ‘Still (the) Barbarians’ Opening Party 8pm to late! Food, Music and Bar Service Stricky Over 18s Only.
Pádraic E. Moore,
Journal Rappé and
EVA International, Limerick’s biannual exhibition of visual arts, will have 57 Irish and international artists participating this year titled ‘Still (the) Barbarians’ curated by Koyo Kouoh
The Limerick Milk Market are pleased to be teaming up with Clareview Car Sales and Citroen who are sponsoring a series of free entry, family friendly promotions, events and prize giveaways at the Milk Market from Thursday 17th to Sunday 20th March 2016 as part of our St Patricks and Early Easter Celebration weekend. Limerick Smarter Travel who partner with the Milk Market each week offering bicycle repair service stall at the Friday Market in recent months, (Saturday repair coming soon) will also join us outing the positive programmes they are running city wide to promote eco-friendly healthy alternative green travel initiatives available, helping you become more Green this St Patricks weekend and beyond. The nominated Charity for this month’s event is the local charity Limerick Animal Welfare who do amazing work rescuing and rehoming dogs, cats, rabbits, horses and many other animals when they find themselves homeless.
Christmas at the Milk Market 2015
Christmas at the Milk Market is a long standing feature at the Milk Market with over 160 years of history. While not like many other Christmas Markets; The Milk Market embraces the festive feel while retaining the look and character of our core markets/traders: (Fri/Sat/Sun) with an additional splash of Christmas colour, song, smells, gifts and cheer to the mix along with a full week of trading 17th to 24th December.
The dates for Christmas at the Milk Market this year:
Fri-Sun 4th, 5th, 6th
Fri-Sun 11th, 12th, 13th
Full Week of Christmas 17th, 18th, 19th, 20th, 21st, 22nd, 23rd and 24th December 2015
Why not pick up that unique fashion or handcrafted gift for that someone special along with your stocking full of Christmas cuisine and treats while supporting your local producer. It is an excellent opportunity also for Choirs of all kinds to come along and sing Christmas Carols under the beautiful Milk Market Canopy. Christmas Colour in Competition and multiple daily prizes will run in conjunction with our 2015 Christmas partners.
We are very excited about the list of programmes and events brought to you in partnership with multiple community, schools, business and charitable groups at your local friendly Milk Market serving the good people of Limerick Since 1852.
- Christmas Lights turning on Friday 4th December by Limerick Mayor Liam Galvin
- Limerick Thomond Rotary Club Remembrance Tree at the Milk Market from 4th Dec
- UL Architecture (SAUL) and FabLab Calais Aid Limerick Solidarity Dine at the Friday Milk Market 4th December
- Serve The City music brigade on multiple dates from 4th Dec with competition prizes
- Clareview Motors Promotion team multiple prize giveaways Xmas @ Milk Market who have kindly sponsored the Xmas Lights
- Dirty Mudders Calendar sale Saturday 5th December. Friends of the Hunt Musuem, Limerick Racecourse Team, Limerick Animal Welfare and Mid West Simon
- Record Fair Sunday 6th part of Chiristmas at th Milk Market 2015
- Croagh School of Music Trad session Sunday 6th December 2015
- Santa Letter Posting service at Harpers Café the Milk Market from 11th December
- Limerick Food Hamper Appeal with the Redemptorists Limerick and School of Music Performance 11th to 13th
- Vintage & Handmade Christmas Craft Fair at the Milk Market Sunday 13th December
- Christmas Eve Week Thursday Market 17th December 2015 feat. Irish Chamber Orchestra – Sing Out With Strings
- Transition Year Market Launch Friday 18th December
- Lourdes Charity Cycle Choir Saturday 19th December & St Michaels Choir
- MidWest Spina Bifida and Capriccio String Quartet Sunday 20th December
- Walking on Cars Live at the Big Top Sunday 20th December
- Smart Travel Sponsored Bike Safety and Repair Taster Sessions
- Wreaths, holly, decorations and unique Xmas gifts
- Taize Choir Wednesday 23rd December
- Multiple Christmas Choirs and Carols sponsored by Mari’s Café the Milk Market
- Christmas Kids Colour in Competition; templates available by email, schools & onsite
- Colourful Stalls/Shops with a festive fest of foods and drinks
- Multiple Community Attractions and Choirs 21st to 24th
- Fabulous Fashion and Crafty Craft with a Christmas twist
- Collection point for your old 1c and 2c coins to serve multiple good causes
- Multiple daily raffles and competitions
Festive produce; Minced Pies, Puddings, Christmas Hams Chestnuts, Brandy Butter, Christmas Deserts/Baked Goodies and least not forget some good old sprouts from our seasoned vegetable traders while be at the ready for all to enjoy and savour.
So make sure to call to Christmas at the Milk Market 2015 were everyone is welcome!! Love Your Local Market, Love Limerick Milk Market and Support Local
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further details, See us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
For further details please contact
Limerick Milk Market
A new video portraying the Limerick Milk Market Traders’ Food Story was launched Wednesday 18th November 2015 in the Gallery, Market House, at the Milk Market. Attended by the Milk Market Traders, Market Trustees, MKPTV, Failte Ireland, Media and Limerick Metropolitan Mayor Jerry O’Dea.
Filmed over a number of busy Saturday mornings from first light, the video provides an insight into the passion, pride and love with which local artisan food makers produce the simple, honest, and delicious foodstuffs which are eagerly snapped up by some 20,000 people who visit the Milk Market each week.
Telling their food stories in their own words, the traders follow in the rich tradition of superior food production in Limerick and its hinterland, some of the food producers have been around for decades, while we also witness the resurgence in high quality start-up producers in recent years. The video
|Friday 4th||10:00 to 16:00|
|Saturday 5th||8:00 to 15:00|
|Sunday 6th||11:00 to 15:00|
|Friday 11th||10:00 to 16:00|
|Saturday 12th||8:00 to 15:00|
|Sunday 13th||11:00 to 15:00|
|Thursday 17th||11:00 to 15:00|
|Friday 18th||10:00 to 16:00|
|Saturday 19th||8:00 to 15:00|
|Sunday 20th||11:00 to 15:00|
|Monday 21st||11:00 to 15:00|
|Tuesday 22nd||11:00 to 15:00|
|Wednesday 23rd||11:00 to 15:00|
|Thursday 24th||8:00 to 15:00|